As a tutor you will be able to take part in multiple different themes in representation, guidance and counseling. Tasks may vary greatly and will require for the person to have different skills. Hence the themes have been divided in four different sections.
1. Campus Tutoring
2. Online Tutoring
3. Exchange Tutoring / International Tutoring
4. Marketing Tutoring (Student emissary)
BECOME AN INTERNATIONAL TUTOR
Greetings from the Lapland UAS international services!
Now is your chance to join our team and become an International Student tutor!
WHAT THIS MEANS?
- You have a significant role in welcoming the international students and making their exchange semester as memorable as possible
- Supporting during studies
- Supporting during everyday life
- Planning free time activities, trips and events for the exchange students
- Be flexible! Be active! Be Present!
WHY YOU SHOULD BECOME A TUTOR?
- Make new international friends
- Learn new language(s) and get to know different cultures
- Ease your way towards your own exchange semester abroad
- International tutoring is a nice extra in your CV
- Budged from the International services for arranging events
- University cars for your use, incase needed during your tutor year
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- Cooperation skills
- Event management skills
- 5-10 credits for your studies
WHEN THE TUTORING IS NEEDED?
Before arrival: contact and communicate
During the arrival: meet, greet and warmly welcome
Beginning of the semester: active participation for the orientation week, help with the studies
During the semester: keep in touch with the exchange students and have fun
HOW TO START?
Apply to be an international tutor from the link found below this page. The application period starts at 9th of January 2023 and ends on 27th of January 2023.
No need to worry, after the application period ends you will receive a complete tutor training for your future tutoring tasks, held by International services. The date for the training will be informed later.